Why study in Italy?
Italy is reserving its place amongst the most popular overseas education destination across the globe. It is home to one of the first universities to be established in the Western world and has the distinction to play host to 15 out of the top 200 universities in the world. Italy has as many as 97 universities, which are categorized as:
4.Superior schools are institutions that are independent and offer postgraduate education and research education
There is a scholarship option available in Italy for the international students and citizens provided by the government, universities, or private organizations based on merit.
Features of Italian Education System
1. The courses in the Italian universities are generally designed by the academics in collaboration with the industry experts, which enhances graduate employability.
2. English is the prime medium of instruction
3. Italian language and intensive Italian programs are taught at all levels, from beginning to advance levels
4. Students who study in Italy can avail of fee waivers, free housing and meal tickets to reduce their living and studying experiences provided by the government for students who are meritorious.
5. Students who wish to study in Italy, don’t need to provide scores of IELTS or TOEFL tests for the admission process*
6. Students can stay on in Italy for 6 months after completing their degree and look for a job in the intermittent period
7. Students can also work for 20 hours every week while pursuing their course of study in Italy.
Life in Italy
Italy is one country where you can have almost everything just round the corner. Not only does it provide you with an opportunity to enhance your language skills but also helps you experience most exotic historic places with art creations. Italy for not only Indian but any student is ideal destination to study because:
To be assured of obtaining the best quality advice about the opportunities available for studying in Italy. After registration all students will be carefully guided through a number of key stages, maximising their chances of getting admission in the institutions of their choice.
Scholarships in ITALY
Benefits of Scholarship:
Important points regarding Scholarship:
Cost of Studying in Italy
Cost of studying MBA in Italy:
Course fee for MBA in Italy ranges between 19000-30,000 Euro.
Only some Italian MBAs like SDA Bocconi ,etc MBA may go up to 48000 Euro.
Cost of studying MASTERS in Italy:
Course fee for Masters in Italy ranges between 19000-30,000 Euro.
Cost of studying Bachelors in Italy:
Course fee for Bachelors in Italy ranges between 12000-18000 Euro at Private Institutions.
Cost at State / Public Universities may be between €850 — €1,200 for undergraduate tuition fees per year.
However, we see that most Indian students prefer to go to Public / Private Institutions where courses are completely taught in English language.
While considering the fees for Masters and Bachelors, we have considered studying at mostly Private Institutions in Italy where most Indian students go.
Tuition fees in public universities in Italy depend on the level of degree, and the study program you are pursuing. The average cost of studying in public universities for international students is generally between €850-€1000 per year.
Cost of Living in Italy
The overall living costs in Italy are between 1000 and 1500 Euros a month. This estimate includes accommodation, food costs, public transportation, local travel and entertainment-related costs. Of course, Rome is much more expensive than other cities and towns. Given below is a list of student-cities in Italy, with the average monthly cost of living in Italy in these:
Bologna – 750-800 Euros
Bolzano – 650-700 Euros
Florence – 700 Euros
Milano and Rome – 900-1000 Euros
Student Visa in Italy
Italy has lately emerged as the country that is the most sought after destination for international students. This was not the case till even a few years ago, but since the time the government started investing in a major way in education, and the education system was revamped, students have started looking at the European country with renewed interest. For students from the European Union countries, there are no separate Italy visa requirements to study in Italy.
Schengen visa italy
This visa is for students who are not citizens of any European country, and still wish to go to one and study. If the student needs to stay longer then a period of ninety days, as it often happens, students need to apply for a residency permit that allows the student to reside in that country for a whole year. The best thing about this visa and the extended stay through the residency permit is that with a Schengen Visa students are allowed to travel in and out of the country, within the entire Schengen area.
The long stay visa, or the Type D visa
Students can apply for this visa if they have applied for a degree course that has at least twenty hours of courses every week, totally eighty hours of courses a month.
Documents required for Visa
The following the documents required to apply for a Italy study visa.
Entry visa application form
Recent passport size photograph
Valid travel document (the expiry date should be three months longer than that of the visa requested)
Proof of accommodation in Italy (for the whole period of studies)
Proof of sufficient financial means to support his or her studies (900 Euros a month)
Paid health insurance of 150 Euros for the first year of studies
Previous educational certificates
Acceptance letter from an Italian university
Receipt of the visa application fees
To apply for a Italy student visa, one must remember a few key things :
Student must have a valid passport with at least two blank visa pages. One must be able to provide a copy of one’s flight itinerary.
Student should not have a any criminal record and must not have been refused entry into Italy previously.
Student should apply for an education visa on the prescribe visa form at the Italian embassy or consulate in one’s country.
Student should also schedule a visa interview at least four weeks in advance.
It is important to keep in mind that the Italian visa processing time is between 1-3 weeks.
The Italy visa cost is approx. INR 5000. It is possible to get a visa without IELTS, if a student wants to pursue higher education in Italy. There are no specific language requirements to study in any Universities in Italy. Since this is not a mandatory requirement, the Italian consulate do not ask candidates for any kind of proof of language proficiency. However, it helps if a student who wants to study in Italy can speak Italian at least on a basic conversational level.
How Knowledge Reach helps you?
If you are looking to go abroad to study and don’t know what procedures you should follow to achieve your ambition, here are some ways. Our representative help you at every step of this journey from counseling you on your choice of courses to applications, visas to helping you get a job after graduation.
You can, in fact, avail free career counselling. Counselors can help you zero in on the countries you could apply to depending on your educational requirements and career aspirations.
100% Scholarship is knocking your door**
University of Padova
University of Bristol
Politecnico di Milano
Università degli Studi di Trento
Sapienza - Università di Roma
University of Naples - Federico II
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Download the Italy Visa application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Italy Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy,
- Photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for an Italian Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Italy and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Italy and itinerary,
- Flight ticket reservation (if applicable)